Monday, May 7, 2012

Shelter from the Storm

          Lately, I've been experiencing a lot of ups and downs in my personal life and have to admit that I've been feeling pretty down on myself about my lack of motivation, insight, and feelings of peace and happiness.  For a while, I wasn't sure if I wanted to talk about this on my blog, but as I treat this record as a personal journal (that just happens to be somewhat public) I would hate to omit such a seemingly large portion of my daily life just for the sake of appearing unblemished.
         Today being especially rocky, I needed a pick-me-up like crazy.  After taking a long walk on a path through the beautiful foliage of south campus, eating some *delish* butterscotch cookies Mike made (he made my Great Grandma's recipe, aka, he is a total keeper) and watching the Mormon Channel video from the blogger of Nie Nie Dialogues, I got to thinking about how extremely blessed I am.
(I highly recommend taking a look a her blog and watching the video below if you ever find yourself in a similar sulky mood).
 

         Life is such a beautiful gift.  It is inspirational to think that God does not love me less because of my weaknesses; His love does not fluctuate during times of accomplishment or times of trial.  The fundamental realization that He loves me completely and infinitely combats my doubts, fears, and inhibitions like a lighthouse piercing through a storm at sea (which is the premise of my poem in an earlier post). When I have been completely lost, time and time again he calls me back into the only place of lasting warmth and safety I have ever known. 

No comments:

Post a Comment